The concept of digital marketing is everywhere. It has become an inseparable part of the marketing strategy of every company. The concept of digital marketing is nothing but using the internet coupled with other digital platforms for promoting and selling products and services. It has come a long way since it began way back in the early 90s. Over the years, simple forms have given rise to complex, ever-changing processes. The first e-mail for instance was sent in 1971! The first ad banner was placed not until 1994. So, the evolution of the internet and the advent of digital marketing did not happen hand in hand.
How Digital Marketing Evolved Over the Years
Today, you will perhaps need the assistance of a Long Island web design company for carrying out your digital marketing tasks owing to the complexity it encompasses. However, this was not always the case. The concept of digital marketing has evolved over the years. It began with simple means like sending e-mailers and placing banner advertisements on online platforms. Today, it is a multi-billion dollar industry that impacts every aspect of human life!
Digital marketing has shaped the world as we know it today. From how we consume media to how we purchase goods and services or how we vote even, digital marketing has shaped the world as we know it.
Digital marketing involves many facets today including SEO or search engine optimization as well as social media marketing, email marketing, and so on. There are services for SEO near me that can be accessed for devising search engine optimization strategies. Online marketing is considered to be an important part of any marketing strategy. Because of this growth, it has now transformed into a powerful tool for reaching out to target audiences effectively and creatively.
Important Landmark Dates that Mark the Development of Digital Marketing
- The first email was sent in 1971
- The Archie Search Engine was created in 1990. This marked the beginning of digital marketing.
- The very first website was created in 1991.
- The very first online purchase was made in 1994.
- Google registered its domain name www.google.com in 1997.
- Today there are over five billion active internet users all over the world.
- The number of websites exceeds 1.7 billion as of today! There was a time when the number could have been counted on our fingers.
The Glory of SEO or Search Engine Optimization
We all know how having a proficient strategist for SEO in Smithtown, NY can improve SEO rankings on the SERP page. However, many do not know that having search engine rankings can improve click-through rates. When a website has well-optimized content, it not only gets high rankings but also appears more enticing to users for them to register more clicks.
Interesting Facts about SEO
- 51% of website traffic is driven by organic searches.
- The very first Google search accounts for 32% of all clicks.
- 70% feel SEO delivers improved results as compared to PPC.
Digital marketing is ever-evolving. It is important to keep tabs on the changing trends to be at the top of your game.