Connecting a bidet to a sewer system is not a very complicated process. You can do it yourself without any special skills. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you how to install a bidet correctly.
Before proceeding with the installation of equipment, it is necessary to accurately determine the location of its placement. Pay attention to the dimensions of the plumbing device and the distance to the connection points to the water supply and sewerage. To properly install, you need free access to the pipes.
Self-installation of bidet
For self-installation of a bidet, you will need silicone, mounting tape, tow, as well as plumbing tools – a pipe wrench, a puncher, a set of drills, open-end wrenches and a screwdriver.
During installation, follow exactly the instructions provided in the manufacturer’s instructions, which are usually supplied with the product. In such a document, you can also find a detailed diagram of connecting a bidet to communication systems.
Standard models of hygienic devices are connected to the water supply and sewer riser in the same way as ordinary sinks. Almost all varieties of such plumbing provide for the installation of automatic drain valves and there is no connection to the siphon.
For installation of a floor-type bidet, special fasteners for toilet bowls are used. They are connected to the sewer system with a flexible tube and a shaped element. In models that are equipped with mixers, these devices are installed last before connecting to the water pipe.
Installing an electronic bidet
Installing an electronic shower toilet is the same as installing a traditional toilet. The difference in this process is the need to connect to the mains.
Mandatory requirements for the installation of electronic bidet models:
- It is necessary to provide grounding to prevent the occurrence of excess electric current, which can be dangerous to humans.
- Provision should be made for the installation of a residual current circuit breaker in the event of power surges.
- It is necessary to provide a separate power supply branch.
The procedure for installing an electronic bidet depends on the type of bowl, which can be floor-standing or wall-mounted.
The main stages of installation of a suspended or wall-mounted bidet with electronic control:
- First you need to prepare the installation site of the bowl. It is best if the installation is made to the wall in which the water pipes pass.
- If it is not possible to equip a niche, then you can make a plasterboard structure that replaces it. For such work, only moisture-resistant drywall is used.
- The installation frame for hanging models is attached to four points (two on the floor and two on the wall).
- Anchor bolts are used to fix the bowl.
- It is possible to perform concreting of the legs of the installation frame. To strengthen the frame of the metal support system, use special jumpers.
- Before performing installation work, experts recommend determining the optimal installation height of the hanging bowl, taking into account the growth of all family members.
- After completing the installation of the suspended electronic bidet, do not forget to check the performance of the installation, after which you can proceed with plaster boarding or concreting.
- At the final stage of installation, special studs are installed to ensure the reliability of the structure.
Although there are many different options for replacing a bidet, it should be noted that the most hygienic solution is to install the bidet and toilet separately.