The unique aroma of the apartment will tell a lot about the habits and character of its owners. Candles will help to create the right composition. How to choose them and where to place them is described briefly.
Scented candles – what is it, purpose and rules of use
Since the time of the caveman, the admiration for watching fire has been embedded in genetics. Unfortunately, in the modern world (especially in large metropolitan areas) there is nowhere to make a fire or it is possible to install a fireplace in an apartment.
But do not be upset – to admire the fire, you can buy best scented candles, which have become widespread and popular. Moreover, buying scented candles online today is not difficult.
What are scented candles
Scented candles are decorative products that have a unique look and aroma and have appeared since ancient times. Candles were given the shape of figurines of spirits, deities, flowers, animals and endowed with special magical properties that repel evil spirits, misfortune or simply decorate the room.
With the development of technology, it has become possible to dye candles in various colors and add various aromatic additives.
Scented candles burn like ordinary candles, but the wax contains special fragrances, essential oils and natural additives that create a unique atmosphere in the room. Each candle is a true work of art.
Features of choice and rules for using scented candles
When choosing scented candles, first of all, you need to pay attention to the material from which they are made. Candles made from natural wax (bees or soy) are the safest and most environmentally friendly, but their cost is slightly higher than other candles.
You should also give preference to candles, which include natural aromatic additives and components. It should also be borne in mind that the price of really good and high-quality scented candles starts from 13 dollars, because the extraction of natural components is a resource-intensive and costly business.
When using candles indoors, one should not forget about some basic rules for their use:
- The room must be ventilated before lighting candles and after their use.
- It is not recommended to light a large number of candles at the same time.
- Do not use candles for a long time or as an air freshener.
If you follow these simple rules, there will be no negative consequences for health and well-being. In addition, you can enjoy the warmth and comfort in your own home and plunge into a romantic atmosphere.
Where the candle will “live”
Understanding where the candle will delight you with aromas will help a lot in choosing it:
- Bedroom – a place for unobtrusive and calm compositions that promote healthy sleep: lavender, vanilla, light citrus and herbal scents
- In bathroom it is better to put invigorating and intense aromas of citrus and spices. With them, you can wake up and tune in to the day ahead
- With living room floral, woody and gourmand compositions are ideally combined
- For cuisine, as you might have guessed, “delicious” smells are suitable: lemon, spices, fruits and spices. These aromas will not interrupt, but complement the smell of food